Monday, October 8, 2012

NAAAAAAANTS IGOOOOOONYAMA BAGITHI BABAAAA

Photobucket

From the day, I arrived on this website, and blinking, step into the application…

MY DCP JOURNEY OFFICIALLY BEGINS! The application is very straightforward. You make an account with Disney Careers and they start with basic information, anything you might expect on a standard job application. Then, instead of uploading a resume, Disney has their own separate format for inputting work experience. It was a little tedious, especially since I’ve had 7 different jobs! It’s not like I’m a workaholic or anything, a lot of the jobs I’ve had were just over summer. They say to include volunteer work, but I ran out of room! There are only 7 pages for work experience.

The fun part came next! Role selection!



You also have to decide whether you are applying for Disneyland, Disney World, or both. I chose both to increase my chances! The roles included: Attractions, Merchandise, Character Attendant, Character Performer (audtion required), Quick-Service Food & Beverage, Full-Service Food & Beverage, Custodial, Parking & Transportation, Main Entrance Operations, Housekeeping, Concierge, Front Desk, Vacation Planner, Lifeguard, Recreation, etc. Here is a fun little link with all of the descriptions. Some of them include cute little videos! The app tells you to select No Interest, Low Interest, Moderate Interest, High Interest. I read that it is best to mark High Interest for as many as possible. But this doesn’t guarantee you’re going to get one of your high interest roles, you can get anything really! I think the only roles I selected for low interest were Lifeguarding, Research, and Housekeeping. Other than that they were all high interest with maybe one or two moderate interest here and there! I will go into detail about my “top 5” later.

Something I definitely noticed while filling out the application was that there is no save button. Maybe it was just my computer being weird, or I just plain couldn’t see it, but I would recommend saving enough time to do the application in one sitting. (which is about 30-40min depending how much work experience you need to fill out) Also, you need to know your social security number!

So here I am feeling the rush of suddenly deciding to apply for next semester, and I make it all the way through my basic info, entering all my past work experience, and had just completed my role selection for Disney World. All I had left was role selection for Disneyland. Of course, what happens next? The internet goes out and nothing is saved.
Photobucket
 STRUG. LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment