Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm Just a Yearnin' for Some Learnin'

^anyone know which movie that quote is from? :)

GET THIS! Disney just came out with a new "Day in the Life" video for Custodial!! And the girl featured in it is taking one of the classes I'm taking, and she's working in Animal Kingdom which is where I would want to be placed!

Photobucket


I just registered for two Disney classes!!

The first class is a part of the Disney Exploration Series called Exploring Disney Heritage. It's essentially an extensive History of Disney class. The syllabus says: "Each class is highly interactive and encourages each participant to full experience the 47 square miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort as a learning laboratory. This opportunity consists of a series of conversations and presentations facilitated by Disney leaders from across the resort, sharing their insights and experiences." Aka the class is extremely interactive with guest speakers and you get to take behind the scenes tours onsite at the parks. The class seems to be one of the most popular, so I'm really glad I was able to get a spot. I chose to take it on Thursdays because it's my favorite day of the week!

The second class is called Creativity and Innovation. I'm really interested in this class in hope of becoming a Creative Director or an Imagineer one day! I'm no artist or engineer, but I'm really interested in what kind of career opportunities Disney has for creative development. I remember a long time ago thinking, they should come up with a better Snow White ride, something like riding in the mine carts that the seven dwarves work in!


Clearly I'm not the only one who has thought of this...so it would be nice to get paid for coming up with these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment