Thursday, October 11, 2012

I will find my way, I can Go the Distance!

 ....OR NOT!!!

After my interview, I was mentally preparing myself for the longest 2-3weeks of my life. We are notified by e-mail if we were accepted/pended/rejected. My self-control to not check my email maybe lasted 15min after I hung up the phone. It was really sad.

This was me about every 30 seconds:

Photobucket

I suppose my best game plan was to watch as many movies as possible to pass the time when I wasn't working on stuff for school!

I was EXHAUSTED the rest of the day after my interview from continuous lack of sleep. I shuffled to all of my classes and trudged on to work. That day was mostly a sleepy blur, and it went by quick!

Photobucket


DAY 1: Wednesday
I had never heard of anyone finding out in only one day worth of time, so I wasn't expecting an e-mail. Although I must say I got so angry every time my phone went off with an e-mail for something else other than Disney. I WANTED THIS SO BAD! I noticed on the DCP facebook groups there were people who had their interview "yesterday" (same day as me) and already got PENDED!!! AAAHHH
Photobucket

I frantically checked my e-mail and there was still nothing! No news at that point was good news. But that still didn't mean I couldn't get pended at any time...the applications were SO impacted, anyone could've gotten pended at that point from application overflow!

I kept reminding myself that there was nothing at this point I could do. Just keep having faith, trust, and a little bit (or maybe like a ton) of pixie dust :)

DAY 2: Thursday
I knew some people had been accepted in two days, but I also knew this was extremely rare. The average was probably somewhere within 1-2 weeks notice. I kept thinking positive thoughts and that it could happen! I told Caitlin (who also had her interview the same day as me!) the previous day that Thursdays have been my favorite day of the week for years because something really good always happens to me and I was hoping this would be it!

First thing I did in the morning was check the Facebook pages to see if anyone else had been accepted. Disney typically sends acceptances e-mails in "waves" aka a bunch at the same time. I thought maybe if I was lucky, Thursday or Friday or Monday there would be an acceptance wave, because there had not been one for a while. I was going home that weekend too, so it would be awesome if I found out when I was with my family!

I think at around 10am I saw one or two people say they got accepted! Still nothing on my e-mail.
Photobucket

But something kept my butt glued to sitting down with my computer instead of getting ready for my 11am class. I start scrolling around the multiple Disney fb pages to see if there are any other updates, and I message Caitlin again to see if she heard anything! She hadn't. Then I see a couple more acceptance posts and I just had that feeling. I checked my e-mail and there it was...



My heart fluttered, I took a breath, and smiled.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment