Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oh I Just Can't Wait...

Check-in is exactly one week from tomorrow, but I'll be in Orlando by this Saturday! The first 80 days of waiting were actually not too bad since I was busy with school, but these last 15-20 days are killing me! Time is going by much slower as it gets closer, but I am trying to enjoy the anticipation while it lasts because that's half the fun right? Well, that's what I tell myself anyway.

I am super lucky to have a dad who loves driving. He offered to travel in my car across country so I could have it with me during the program. I told him it was totally unnecessary since Disney provides buses that take you to work, grocery stores, movie theatres, etc. but he insisted over and over that this trip was something he REALLY wanted to do. So I said fine, I'll go with you. And he flat out told me no, because I stop to go to the bathroom too often.

Well, he isn't going to get away that easy because instead of flying straight to Orlando, I'm flying into New Orleans on Thursday to meet my dad and spend a day (Friday) with him there. (And then continue to drive with him to Orlando.) I am extremely excited to go to New Orleans because it's somewhere I've been dying to go my whole life!

My dad left early this morning, which means the majority of my stuff is already packed since it all went with him! I packed as lightly as possible, and fit everything into two suitcases, and one plastic tub. And a shoe holder. And a bag with my bedding. Plus the carry-on I'm taking when I fly to New Orleans. Okay to some people this might not seem so light, but when it comes to clothing I just like to have options! Although I did hear you tend to spend the majority of your time in your work uniform...I'm just happy that Disney housing provides the furniture, pots, pans, plates, utensils, cups, cooking utensils, trash cans, etc.

My assigned check-in day is January 21st, but people have already started arriving since January 7th. I think it's nice that they split up the check-in days, that way all 6,000+ people aren't showing up at once. Some people don't even arrive until February!

I am so excited to write my post about check-in (if you couldn't already tell) because that's the day my five roommates and I find out which apartment we'll be in and where I'm going to work!! (I do know that my role is Custodial, and I explain in my blog why I wanted it here!) Check-in starts at 8am, and my roommates and I are splitting a hotel room the night before. We're gonna get up super early to wait in line because even though everyone is guaranteed housing, the apartment preference is first come first serve. Disney only saves a certain amount of spots in each apartment for each check-in day, and we're going for a 3 bedroom in Chatham which seems to be one of the most popular first-choices!

But more on check-in to come later. Until then, I'm continuing to abuse my Netflix account while trying to make time go by just a little bit faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment