Monday, March 4, 2013

There is More to See Than Can Ever Be Seen

Is anyone wondering if I ever get tired of going to the parks on my days off? Because the answer is NEVER! (shocking, I know.) However it's not just because I love Disney World. There is just so much to do between the 4 parks alone, plus Downtown Disney, the two water parks, and the resorts. I actually wonder if I can even get around to doing everything in 4 months! Which is why, I spend as much time visiting Disney World as I possibly can. It is for free after all!

I have been here for about six weeks, and I think I have visited each park at least 3-4 times. I still have 3 days off each week, but that includes the classes I'm taking on Mondays and Thursdays. (I'll write more on those another time!)

One of the best perks about being here on the program is that if a line is too long (and there are no fast passes left of course) it's all hakuna matata because you can come back whenever you want another day.
2 hours to meet the princesses? PASS! (for today)

Last week my grandma visited me and her cousin Lorraine, and we went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios! It was so much fun spending full days in all of the parks, we had a great time! She even wrote about her visit: Danville Express - Simply Sterling Thanks Grandma Linda, I love you!


Grandma made friends with the Dapper Dans!
In front of the castle with her new Disney 2013 pin on her hat



Gram & Me in Liberty Square
Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from adventures on my days off of work. Again, I'll go into much more detail about each park soon!

Roommates at Rainforest Cafe



Everest
Tree lady! (I actually have no idea what's she's called)
GIRAFFE!!! Best part about the Kilimanjaro Safaris
I have just met you and I love you.
Fantasmic
Valentine's Day Chalk Art
Be Our Guest Restaurant. I still have yet to eat here!
(not from a park) but we met Louis at our Mardi Gras housing event!

As far as work goes...it's still AWESOME! I cannot say enough how much I love my job! I was not expecting to enjoy it THIS much, but I honestly look forward to going into work as much as my days off. Especially streets shifts. Restrooms are not nearly as fun as streets, but fortunately they go by faster. And I've only had 3 restroom shifts so far anyway. (FUN FACT: Disney was the first to provide free public restrooms and drinking fountains!) One time I was checking a restroom that was in the event center behind UK, and they were previewing the new Disney movie OZ that's coming out in March, and I could hear it playing through the vents! I probably could have snuck in to watch it if I wanted to, but I also didn't want to risk it. 

I think my favorite part about Custodial is the independent freedom that comes with the role. As long as you are keeping your area clean, you can walk around and talk to as many people as you like. A lot of people ask me what's the grossest thing I've seen, and I honestly don't know! I think I've been really lucky or something, because my custodial friends could probably tell you otherwise. I suppose I don't like taking out the trash by the smoking areas because of the smell, but that's about as bad as it has been for me! I have seen a couple celebrities though! Tina Fey and Kelly Ripa while I was on the job, and Honey Boo Boo exiting Space Mountain in Tomorrowland. My roommate Kaila who works in Tomorrowland Merchandise got to hide Pink behind her counter in order to avoid a crazy group of fans!

Last week, I was SO happy when my manager recognized me for the enthusiastic way I interact with guests at work! I didn't even realize she was watching me! When she approached me I thought I was in trouble or I forgot something or did something wrong. But she gave me a guest fanatic card, which will go on my record card and entered into a prize drawing.

During the college program, Disney offers 6 optional Career Development Workshops, and I just signed up for 5 of them! Resume Writing, Personal Branding, Acing the Interview, Professionalism, and Presentation Skills. (the final one is Networking 101 but unfortunately I don't know yet if i'll be able to fit it into my schedule.) I am so excited to start attending these, in hopes of learning how to land a Professional Internship with Disney after I graduate college!

No comments:

Post a Comment